Friday, January 16, 2015

I'm A Simple Girl

Wow, I just found this draft from a year ago! Still holds true.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you some things you might not know about me.  I am a simple girl. It does not take much to make me happy and peaceful. Conversely, it does not take much to make me sad.

I don't need a big house, but I do need a neat house.  I don't need to be able to eat off the floor, and it doesn't have to be ship shape all the time. A little bit of flotsam and jetsam here and there is no big deal. But I do need to have a place for everything so I can pick things up off the floor and put them in their place at a moment's notice. I need to purge things out of my life.  I don't need a surplus of "stuff".

It's like hitting the refresh button, and I just want/need to keep things simple...to be happy/at peace. I don't need a beautifully manicured lawn with not a weed in sight. I do not need landscaping worthy of magazines, but I do need a neat yard. I just need it clean and well tended....to be happy/at peace.

I don't need to go to extravagant dinners out on the town every weekend.  I don't need the most updated phone, or computer, or TV. I definitely don't need cable, as I have been perfectly happy without it. I just need your company (and my friends and family...in small doses)...to be happy/peaceful.

I don't care if the sun isn't shining. I can still be happy looking at the rain. I am basically a happy person. I know that's not possible all of the time, but so far in my life it's been possible the majority of the time and I'd like it to stay that way.

I try to see the positive, and if something's not going my way, I always try to see the humor in the situation. There is always humor to be found, even if it takes a day or week or year to see it.

I used to sweat the small stuff, and you'd probably say I still do, but I think I've come a long way from the girl I used to be. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to agree with me. Just don't be a jerk.