Thursday, May 16, 2013

Check Your Facts!

Wake-up, World! Cyberpolution, it's all over the internet, but especially on Facebook, and it makes me nuts and it's making you look like idiots!

This is probably pretty much the same way rumors started in the "old days". Someone would hear a sensational/scandalous, or even inspirational story, and without even thinking twice about it, they called up their friends and passed it on to the next person. Sadly, it's so much easier now with the internet.

It seems in "real life" interactions, people are less trusting of others these days, but if they see something on the internet, then it must be true!? They are just too lazy to take that extra step to verify the story. They don't really care if it's true. They just want to be the first of their friends to pass on this juicy story on their "walls".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post has been in my drafts for a long time, probably for over a year at least. I can't tell how long because it doesn't say in the posts list. I thought I'd post it now because it's still very relevant.

I need to get back on the blogging wagon. A lot has happened since my last post in 2011. I have lots of wonderful things to talk about as well as my usual complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to agree with me. Just don't be a jerk.